Wednesday, May 18, 2005

We're Home -- Keep Praying

Reuters AlertNet - BENIN-TOGO: Refugees continue to flow into Benin, fleeing persecution
I guess I never really announced on this page that we made it home to Tabligbo last Saturday. We thank God for a safe trip, and we are happy to be home.
Everything appears to be calm here. We traveled to the capital city and, except for more military checkpoints (I was only stopped once), things appeared much the same. One businessman told me that things were back to normal, but the workers at the hotel pool where we went for a swim said that the hotel, the nicest in the country, was empty.
People are going about their everyday lives, but they are fearful. People live so close to the edge here that they can't put life on hold to protest. Follow the above link to get more details on what is happening.
You are probably like me. As soon as something new grabs the headlines, I quickly forget about the last crisis. But please continue to pray for the country of Togo.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying often. We continually check the internet to get the latest news. I praise God that you were able to return but we continue to pray that peace will be in the country.

 
At 8:12 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anthony- Just saying hey and letting you know Deb and I are thinking of yall. Hung out with Alan Henderson a couple of Sundays ago. Sounded like they had a good stay with you. Keep posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home