Thursday, May 19, 2005

Just a Poem

As she’s walked along life’s road’
O’er mountains high and valleys low
My bride has seen so many places
And brought a smile to countless faces

She does not ask for many things
For fancy pearls or diamond rings
She’s been content to follow me
‘Cross continents, o’er raging seas

Just one thing is all she’’s asked
And so I grant her sole request
“Just a poem” is all she’d say
When asked what she’d like for this birthday

Just a poem -- a simple rhyme
Can lift her soul to heights sublime
I’m no poet, that’s plain enough
But in some way, my words have worth

Not worth in money, silver or gold
But just because I love her so
I don’t deserve her, I never could’ve
Except for grace, I never would’ve

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM CST, Blogger Steve said...

Beautiful thoughts! What a great way to honor your wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home