Sunday, September 25, 2005

Coming Home to a Hug

A number of my fellow bloggers have linked to Greg Kendall-Ball’s post citing a 1955 Good Housekeeping article about what makes a good wife. Most of the suggestions have to do with how a wife greets her husband when he comes home from work. It’s amazing how times have changed.

I was interested to see this BBC report on a contemporary study that shows that, in a less gender-biased way, they were on to something. It seems that coming home to a hug and a supportive environment can help both men and women deal better with the stresses of the work. But I don’t think we really needed Good Housekeeping or the British Heart Foundation to tell us that.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Anthony,

Read my blog. It is www.daddysgirldoings.blogspot.com. Miss you!

 
At 8:02 AM CST, Blogger Sandi said...

It's funny -- when I read that BH&G article, I could see how women could be upset with a lot of the things said, but honestly, a lot of them are things that I try to do for David. The ones I found offensive were "his topics of conversation are more important" and others like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home