Sunday, September 11, 2005

American Grill in Togo

Nah...just kidding. A case of false hopes.

I have "My Yahoo" set to pick up on any news stories that mention my beloved country of Togo, so this morning I was suprised to see the headline "New Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar opens today" listed among the Togo-related healdliines.

I guessed pretty quickly this wasn't for real, and even had a pretty good idea why the link was there.

It seems that Applebee's Sonic-style carryout service is called ...


... Carside "ToGo."

Oh well, Maureen's cooking is better anyway. Had some great $1.50/lb beef filet (trimmed of excess fat after it's weighed and sold) and grilled shrimp (sold out of an iced bucket on the side of the road) last night. Can't beat it with a stick.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM CST, Blogger Kelly Vaughn said...

What a teaser that must have been! ha Reminds me of the time we were Stateside and someone asked if there was a Wal-Mart in Benin...we roared with laughter (on the inside) and politely said, "No I don't think they'll ever get one." We were rebutted with "Oh, no, Wal-Mart will be EVERYWHERE in just a few years, you just wait and see." Still waiting.
-RV

 
At 7:45 AM CST, Blogger Missionary's Missionary said...

ToGo grill started my day off with a good laugh. The chicken story wasn't too bad, either. God bless & love's prayers..

Dottie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home